Sunday, March 27, 2011

Udate: Pass or Fail?







I PASSED! YEAH! I passed my Ham Radio License Test two weeks ago on March 12th and I had to wait til Tuesday March 15th to receive my call sign! My official call sign is KF5KED. The picture above is a piece of my FCC issued license that I received in the mail:) Ryan and I seriously spent on day Monday, Monday Night and Tuesday day checking the FCC database to see when my call sign would be posted and it was on Tuesday afternoon! On Tuesday night I couldn't wait to get on the radio and make my first radio contact that night. It has been so fun able to talk on the radio to people now and I've gotten alot of support from the other radio operators here in Mountain Home, Arkansas. I didn't even have my license for a week and the folllowing Saturday March 19th I made my 1st overseas contact to New Zealand. More about that in my next post about our anniversary weekend, but talk about cool! That's over 2,000 miles line of sight from Arkansas to New Zealand.  It was so worth all of the time and studying that I put into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment