Monday, March 28, 2011

Our Weekend

Well, this weekend was definitely one full of ups and downs. Friday night I convinced Ryan to take me to Arena, which is a sports bar here in Mountain Home, to watch the KU/Richmond basketball game. I've only gotten to see one other game this year and that was at Thanksgiving when we were in New Mexico. Ryan's not a big sports fan, but every now and again he watches a KU game to me, because he knows its important to me. The game was pretty good and of course they won so that was nice. I seriously got a couple dirty looks from some young guys because I was in Arkansas and probably because I was a girl paying attention and cheering every time KU scored. Ryan and I met a really nice businessman that had family in town and ended buying our drinks the rest of the night. Needless to say I was suppose to be the one driving home, but that didn't exactly happen! LOL What can I say? FREE Drinks and well we luckily have really awesome upstairs neighbors who gladly came and gave us a ride home. :) 
  Saturday morning came and I got reminded that boy I'm sure not in college anymore! LOL We woke up to it being cold and rainy and I was so happy to just stay home and not doing anything. Well, almost not anything. I didnt manage to make my neighbor's 3 year old daughter a birthday cake. I got a whole bunch of cake decorating tools for Christmas and still haven't had the chance to use them, so I jumped at the chance to be creative and use them this weekend. She is really big into Tinkerbell and all of her Fairy Friends, so that was the kind of cake that I made.





I was pretty happy with the results and I knew that even if the cake turned out to be a total fail, that it was for a 3 year old and all she cared about was how it tasted. I finished the cake and Ryan and I spent the rest of the afternoon/ night watching movies and staying inside our nice warm home, while it poured outside.
   Sunday I got up and went to babysit at church like I do every Sunday. I babysit a little boy who just turned one and he's really a baby anymore because he won't let me hold him anymore, except for a bottle and then he's down again. He just started walking and aww talk about a kid being proud of himself! He is just too cute. After church I came home and we talked about going to Ryan's parents to watch the KU game, but decided to stay home and I watched it on my phone with 30 second auto-refresh button so I kinda was watching it. I think I'm happier that I didnt watch it in person, because I was already yelling at my phone while Ryan sat on the couch laughing at me! I think that's all I'm going to say about the game, because seriously, NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE FREE THROWS, WHY DONT YOU JUST HAND THEM THE FINAL FOUR! OH WAIT YOU DID! Okaye, I'm done! :) I then make us some yummy lazagna for dinner and we headed for an early bedtime to end our weekend. I think it was a bitter sweet weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment