Sunday, March 27, 2011

2 Year Anniversary Weekend

We had a blast on our anniversary camping weekend and I can't believe that it's taking me almost a week to write this post about it. Ryan and I's wedding anniversary was last Monday March 21st. Ryan said that he was going to plan something for our anniversary, which if anyone knows me knows that I'm a huge planner, but it was actually nice for him to want to plan something for our anniversary. He took us on a 3 day camping and hiking trip from Friday night to Monday afternoon at Sam's Throne, which is about 88 miles from our house. 3 whole days with just my husband and no one and nothing else! SIGN ME UP PLEASE! :)  We started Thursday night getting everything all packed up and ready to go. It was so cool to see our puppy, Franklyn get so excited as we were packing the car, knowing we were going somewhere that involves Ryan's camping/hiking backpack. Franklyn LOVES to go hiking with Ryan! Every time Ryan gets his backpack out Franklyn gets all excited and starts running around. We left on Friday night right after work and got to Sam's Throne and got everything all set up just in time for the sun to down as just as we were done. Both of us had a long day from working all day and so by the time we put everything up we sat by the fire for a little bit and then were ready for bed. So Ryan is a HUGE outdoors man, and I mean huge, we loves hiking, climbing, camping, fishing and everything in between. LOL Now, he likes to do all of these things and when he goes hiking and camping he usually brings the least amount of weight and things that he needs. Well, that one for a first for him. Since, I've known him he can't usually sleep without the t.v. going or a DVD on and this has since worn off on me. A couple of years ago, I won at work a Free portable DVD player and we usually take it with us on trips. (YES, Mom if you are reading this, I FINALLY found the DVD player in the back of one of our closets. OOPS! Sorry!) With all of this being said, Ryan and I went camping and YES, we brought along our DVD player despite Ryan normally never would have done this. Talk about roughing it! LOL We watched a movie and fell asleep.
  Saturday morning I woke up to Ryan cooking coffee and bacon and eggs over the fire. Talk about a great smell! For some reason I learned that everything tasted so much better out in the woods and on a campfire. We ate breakfast and went on a little hike.
  This was me right before breakfast as I was just waking up for the day, hence why I still look sleeping. LOL
   

 Ryan cooking our breakfast on Saturday Morning! UMM.. coffee, bacon and eggs! It was very very tasty. Ryan knows how to cook very good food., when he cooks.


 Franklyn and I hanging out by the fire on Saturday afternoon, just relaxing.

       Franklyn took the lead and we hiked around the top of the cliffs and looked for trails to hike for Sunday. After about an hour or so of hiking we came back to our campsite and Ryan made us some lunch and we spent the afternoon listening to the radio and trying to make contacts to Venezuela because there was a group of 6 women that were trying to make as many contacts as possible to as many people as possible. Ryan made his contact at about 1:01pm our time and I made my contact at 1:31pm. (If you read, my last post, it was Venezuela, not New Zealand that we made a contact to this time, New Zealand was Ryan's contact before) We spent the afternoon with me reading an amazing Nickolas Sparks book called "The Guardian" and Ryan was talking and listening on the radio. It was amazing! I love listening to Ryan on the radio and it was cool to sit back and listen to all of the places people from checking in from to the ladies in Venezuela. Ryan made dinner and after dinner we hiked down to one of the cliffs and we opened a bottle of champange and watched the sunset. It was so peaceful and just relaxing to hear nothing but the wind blow oh and Franklyn because he got tied to a tree so that we didn't lose our puppy dog over the cliff. I promise we aren't mean parents to our puppy dog!!!!! Went back had a fire and another watched a movie to go to sleep. Sunday we woke up and decided to take a hike down the cliffs and up to the top of Sam's Throne.

Ryan popping the cork off the bottle of champange trying not to pop the cork in his eye. Which he almost did on our honeymoon. LOL It's our little tradition now that on every anniversary we get a bottle of champange. It all started on our wedding day when Ryan's old boss in KC gave us a bottle for our honeymoon.  





                    Cheers to 2 years of marriage and to many many more!



Sunday morning we woke up and had breakfast and we decided to go for a hike down the cliffs and Franklyn was a little scared about this one. He wasn't so sure what we were trying to make him do and hung on to the rocks for dear life every time we passed him from Ryan to I.

We got back from the hike and relaxed by the fire for a little bit. I finished my 500+ page book that was amazing and Ryan hopped on the radio to play around some more. I had really enjoyed climbing down the rocks to get to the bottom of the cliffs. At first I was really scarred, but after I did it and with Ryan's help, it was alot of fun. Ryan has been climbing up and down almost every cliff down at Sam's Throne and I knew he had his harness and climbing gear and ropes with him, so on a crazy wimp I asked if we could go climbing down the side of one of the cliffs. I think he was both happy and shocked that I wanted to do so, but of course didnt hesitate twice when I asked to go and grabbed his gear and we went. Now, my heart races just watched Ryan at work, he climbs trees for a living, but this was me and a completely different feeling. I'm Miss Clumsy and have zero coordination when walking on sidewalks let alone down the side of a cliff!
This was me all strapped up and harnessed in and ready to climb down the side of the cliff. I was very nervous at first, but after I did it I had so much fun that I wanted to do it again. And Ryan was very excited to see me climb and do something that he does all of the time. :)

        We got done climbing and the we watched the sunset together on the cliff. Then we had dinner and just enjoyed the fact that it was Sunday night and we didnt have to rush home and could enjoy another night camping. I had so much fun that by this time on Sunday night I told Ryan that I wasn't ready to go home and could we just not go back home! He of course laughed and then agreed. Yeah, if only it was that easy, we would have done it in a heart beat!!!! We got up the next day and had breakfast, relaxed a bit and then packed up all of our stuff to head home:( We got home and showered because after 3 days we both sooooo needed a shower! We then decided that since it was our actual anniversary that we would put off all housework/ responsiblities til the next day, it could all wait. After a great afternoon together to continued our laziness and Ryan took me out to dinner to Colton's steak house and enjoyed a nice dinner. After our dinner the waiter brought us over an ice cream sundae and sang to us for our anniversary and
of course after one bite I had to take my spoon full of whipped cream and get my hubbin right in the face with the spoon! LOL Of course that came payback by Ryan, but we both laughed so hard that it was totally worth it!!!! Talk about a great end to a wonderful anniversary weekend. I couldn't have asked for anything more and it was exactly what we both needed!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment