Monday, January 10, 2011

Franklin

Okaye, so anybody that knows me, knows that I'm soooooo not an animal person. I've never understood how people act and treat their pets like they are kids. I don't like it when pets jump on me or lick my face. Having a pet just wasn't for me, or thats what I thought, until October. Ryan and I went to KC to visit our family for my cousin's wedding and by the time we left that weekend I mentioned to Ryan that yes, maybe we could get a dog. He has wanted one for quite some time, but I was never up for it and it never seemed to be the right time. Well all of the sudden it seemed to be the right time, but I was very certain about what kind of dog that I wanted. I did NOT want a big dog. One that would take up my space in the bed wasn't something I wanted. I wanted a small dog, one that wouldn't jump on me too much and would love me and just cuddle with me. We came home after that weekend from KC and Ryan started looking for dogs. He talked to one of his guys from work and he had just rescued a little dog and didn't really have the room for him and said we could stop by and see if we liked him.
I fell in love with him! He is so cute. How could we not, look at that face! We spent some time with him and played and he was a little scared of us at first because we found out he was abused as a little puppy. We decided that he just had to be ours and took him home.

Doesn't he just look like a great cuddler? And he is and he loves me and Ryan! He loves going on hikes with Ryan. Ryan will start getting his hiking stuff ready and Franklin gets all excited and makes Ryan keep up to pace with him on the hiking trails instead of the other way around. :)


He was a little shy at first coming to his new home. He spent alot of time in his kennel, but he learned over time and with some lovin' from us that we were going to take good care of him! He and I for that matter have come a LONG way in a little less than 3 months. He has become very loving, loves to cuddle with me and follows me every where I go. He is my protector and comforter when Ryan isn't here. Every morning when Ryan gets up to do the paper route at around 3am he comes in, hops in the bed and cuddles at my feet until Ryan comes home. It is sooo cute! He also has to lie right next to me in the bathroom when I'm taking a bath, every time. And when I cry, which has happen frequently lately with being so emotional, he comes up and jumps right in my lap and lets me know he's there to take care of me. And with all of that, I've come along way with him! I said before that no dog will be in our bed, but now he's there whenever he wants to be. I get up and help take him out and when we have to leave him like when we went to New Mexico for Thanksgiving, I act just like his Mom making sure he has his food, water, toys, and favorite blanket just like he was my own son. I now understand those people that consider their dog as their kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment