Thursday, November 10, 2011

31 weeks/ 32 weeks

These are my feet and cankles today. I'm 31 weeks in this picture and this last week I feel like my body is falling apart! I first noticed these lovely things last Wednesday when I went to take off my socks to get into the bathtub and I couldn't believe my eyes. I've been tall and thin all my life. Yes I know, hate me all you want! So to see this was quite a shock and I still have 2 more months to go. I think I may turn into that girl in Willy Wonka that turns into a Blueberry and has to be rolled out the door. Pretty sure now that once I reach January, Ryan will have to roll me so I can get around. I had another Dr's appt for my cyst last week and yes it's getting bigger and so is the baby, so as you can imagine there is becoming less and less room in my belly for both of them. I had another ultrasound because my cyst was finally causing me problems, and we found out the Zoey's head is right up against the cyst and she is bouncing her head off of it like a bouncy ball. She is not liking having to share her space with something else and momma isn't liking the pain it's causing me from every time she hits the cyst with her head. The Dr. went ahead and booked me for a c-section for January 3rd because of the size of the cyst and how with everything dropping at the end, it won't be possible to have a natural birth. I'm kinda bummed because I was really wanting to have her naturally but after talking about the risks and what's best for Zoey is the c-section so that's what we are going to do. We've been trying to do what's best for her especially with this cyst getting bigger, because most Dr's would have already done surgery and taken the cyst out but we want to wait until she's a bit bigger because he'd have to take her out too. So for the next few weeks I will just be living with a heating pad to help me with the pain.
 I've now hit the 32 week mark and along with it stretch marks have finally appeared. :(  I asked Ryan this afternoon if we could take down the mirror in the bathroom and he told me no. I have decided that I've gotten to the point where just looking in the mirror just depresses me. From my face swelling up in the mornings, to my new found stretch marks, and my belly button that if I was a turkey, I'd let you know that I was done! LOL All the not so fun 3rd trimester things have hit. The only thing getting through it is knowing that in only 7 WEEKS we will have our little girl here and I can look back and laugh at all of this. Right now, not so much. I'm definately ready for Thanksgiving and hope the next 2 weeks go by fast! Ryan, Franklyn and I will be traveling to Kansas City to see the family for Thanksgiving and I can't wait! We haven't been to KC in just about a year and we haven't been there for Thanksgiving for about 5 years! Crazy, I know. We usually go home for Christmas, but with Zoey's arrival so close to Christmas we are going to go for Thanksgiving instead. Right now a holiday where all you do is eat, is like a pregnant woman's dream! Yes, I don't know if I'm more excited about the food or the family time. Well, I've been to depressed lately with getting fat all over to take a pic of me so I'll wait til Thanksgiving to get a pic of me and my growing belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment