Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Catch up of the Last Month



I can't believe that it's almost been a month since I've blogged. We've been busy over the last month with, getting the news that in July we are moving houses, packing, helping Ryan's parents new house ready for them to move into, lake visits, family visits and Zoey changing so much. First off was Memorial Day Weekend. Ryan and I met up with some friends and borrowed a friend's pontoon boat and enjoyed a day at the lake. Zoey stayed with Ryan's parents since it was a holiday weekend and didn't want her out on the lake with all of the crazies that holiday weekends bring. She doesn't get to see them as much as she use to since Mommy became a stay at home Mom, so I know she had more fun with them. It was a nice and relaxing day and made us decide that we want a pontoon boat now.



I feel like every month is just flying by when it comes to Zoey. I feel like I was just saying she was 6 months old and come Sunday, (Father's Day) she will be 7 months old. She has decided that she is just too big for bottles and that she is done with them. I had bought a couple of different sippy cups and I found one that has handles on it and a multi stage cup and she took right to it. I had originally bought them to start giving her water and apple juice since I knew it would be hot this summer and wanted to keep her hydrated. One night she just refused her bottle so I put her formula in the sippy cup and she took it. Later at her middle of the night feeding she again refused to take the bottle and wanted the sippy cup. So we have gotten rid of the bottles and gone straight to only sippy cups. If only we could be this lucky for her to start potty training when were ready. I know that I'm not that lucky!!!!
 She has also been rolling over like crazy. She has started rolling over to her tummy in bed and wakes up in a completely different spot then where I put her to sleep in. Yesterday she has refused to nap after a busy weekend and put her legs over her play yard. I think she is telling me that she is ready for her new bed! We are getting her a big girl convertible crib when we move. We will have more room than we do now and she will have a bigger room, also she is outgrowing her current bed. Here's a few recent pictures of  Zoey.
                     First Big Girl Birthday Party and jumping in the Bouncy House with Mommy
                                She LOVED the sugar free Popsicles that Mommy made for her!
                                                                 Sippy Cups only now
                                 Daddy had fun after we finished presents for Zoey's Grandpas
                 Mommy's Big Girl. I think she looks alot like me in this picture when I was a baby.
                                                      Pillow Fight with Mommy and Zoey!

 We found out at the end of May that Ryan's Parents found a new house and we will be moving in to their current house. They have been wanting to downsize and we need more room now that we have added kids to our lives! I told Ryan that I'm packing us up ONE more time and this it! I'm done packing and moving us! We have moved 5 different times since we have been together and I'm ready to stay somewhere for a while. This move is a work in progress so we have alot to do. We have been helping Ryan's parents clean out their current place and help getting the new place move in ready. I have trying to pack our place a little at a time, because I know that the end of the month is getting closer and closer. We are excited and know that all of the hard work will be worth it.
Last but not least, this last weekend Zoey's Grandpa and Nana were in town to spend the weekend with us. It was a nice break from a busy last month. We went to a Japanese steakhouse on Friday night where they cook in front of you and Zoey loved watching the guy cook in front of us. Her eyes got all big when he lit the big fire to start cooking and she was hooked watching him. She decided to start reaching for my plate for the first time and Mommy got soup all down her jeans! Ryan and I knew this day was coming soon, just didn't know how soon she would start reaching for our plates. On Saturday we woke up and got stuff ready to go the lake on the pontoon boat we had borrowed before. It was Zoey's first time on the boat and she seemed to enjoy it. The water was a little cold and when we tried to put Zoey in, she didn't like it so much. After the boat ride we went back to my Dad's hotel and went to the indoor pool. Zoey loved that! It again was her first time in a pool and kicked and giggled and had a ball. I'm sure she was wondering why Mommy and Daddy were in the big bath tub with her, but she enjoyed it. We all grilled steaks for dinner and then played games on the Wii. On Sunday morning we were celebrating Father's Day early with a Brunch at Gaston's. There was so much good food and each were stuffed to the brim by the time we left. It was a great weekend and we took tons of pictures!









No comments:

Post a Comment