Thursday, March 8, 2012

Milestones

Time is flying by! Zoey will be 4 months in just a couple of weeks and it's crazy to think she has been in our lives that long! She is growing like a weed and discovering something new it seems like everyday. For the first 2 months that she was home she refused to sleep in her crib. She has now gotten use to it and sleeps in it every night with one except.....she has to sleep on the pink and black blanket that I made or she won't sleep at night. I think that she likes it because it smells like us. She is like her Mom and Dad both in the fact that she loves to be cuddled up with a blanket to sleep. Most people say don't put babies to sleep with a blanket, but this baby won't sleep without one! I've learned to take what the "experts" say with a grain of salt sometimes. You have to learn to do what works best for your baby and sometimes it doesn't go with what the "experts" have to say about the topic.
  Two weeks ago was a sad day for Mommy. I had to finally go through her clothes and take out what didn't fit anymore and that included moving up a size in diapers. No more Newborn clothes or diapers for this little Kaye. TEAR!!! It was kinda hard, but at the same time I know that it means that she is getting bigger and getting healthier, or chubby. LOL She kicks her legs and moves her arms now, like its no body's business. She looks like she is trying to take off and move. One baby step at a time, this Momma aint ready for her to pick up and become mobile just quite yet. Zoey has also just this week become interested in toys and grabbing on to things. As a mom it is so cool to see her do something new that she wasn't able to do just the day before. I have a feeling that the video camera will now be permenantly attached to me seeing that I don't want Daddy to miss all of the cool things she is doing during the day, while he is at work.
 As of this weekend we in the Kaye household have 2 big announcements!!! Zoey has started teething this weekend. I really can't believe that she has started this early. She is just getting so big. AND...... she has started sleeping through the night! She slept for the first time on March 5th for 7 hours straight!!! I still got up to check on her to make sure she was still breathing. Yes, I am a 1st time Mom, can't you tell!!! The next night she slept 9 hours!!! Ryan and I were totally blown away!!! I can't believe it! It has been such a huge week for her, I don't know what to expect from her next. She has definately been such a huge blessing in Ryan and myself's life. Sorry, no picture this post, my computer cord isn't charging right and waiting on a new one to come in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment